Who is this qualification for?
This online qualification is a knowledge-based qualification, designed for those who want to learn to assess competence in the work place but also to be more understanding of the practices and principles of assessment. It is the most comprehensive assessing qualification allowing you to assess NVQ’s, apprenticeships etc in your subject area.
On completion of this course, you will be able to start your career as a qualified assessor either working for a college, training provider or freelance. Another great benefit of the role is that it is fairly common to have flexible working conditions and the option to work from home.
- This is a distance-learning course that can be completed in your own time.
The course must be completed within 12 months of the start date.
- You will receive timely feedback in order to improve your work should you need to.
- After the successful completion of the course you will receive your nationally recognised certificate.
- Personal tutoring and coaching.
- You will need to assess two learners in a work environment.
- If you require a teaching qualification we can offer you a package that includes Level 3 Award in Education and Training just ask for details.
There are no specific entry requirements however learners should have a minimum of level two in literacy or numeracy or equivalent. The qualifications are suitable for learners of 18 years of age and above.
There is one mandatory unit in the Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
The second unit is conditional on which environment you teach in. If you’re assessing in a work environment then you need –
- Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment
If you’re assessing in a classroom/workshop environment then you need –
- Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
The guided learning hours for this course is 84 hours, the course is achievable within 6-12 weeks, however you will have 12 months as a course expiry date.
With this qualification, you will be able to successfully observe and assess candidates in their workplace and start your career as a Qualified Assessor by working for a college, training provider or as a freelancer.
Successful learners can progress on to further qualifications such as the TQUK Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF).
- You will be assessed through a series of questions to assess your knowledge
- Unit 2 will be assessed through you practically assessing learners in a work environment and producing the evidence through work products
- Unit 3 will be assessed through you practically assessing learners in a classroom environment and producing the evidence through work products
- You will also be observed for unit 2 and 3